Mentor A Student
Change the Odds
65% of professionals believe brands should “get their house in order, design for & reflect the country’s diversity.” The same percentage believe that companies that don’t put actions behind racial equality statements are opportunistic.
More than 50% of professionals will not work for a company that fails to speak out on equality. The same percentage report that their employers have no diversity or inclusion resources whatsoever.
We Are Seeking Partners Committed to Action on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Green Dot Public Schools is launching an ambitious program in Fall 2021 to match each of our 14,000 students across California, Tennessee, and Texas with a mentor. This mentorship program ensures that our students have both an excellent academic foundation and access to networks and opportunities to help them realize their potential as a professional and as a community leader.
Commitment to Action
We are seeking partners committed to action on diversity, equity and inclusion. This program offers employees training to build skills and common language, and a shared experience with students of color.
Corporate Partners are asked to:
- Commit a meaningful number of staff to the program, including those in the senior leadership team and employees who identify as black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC).
- Commit financial resources to underwrite the operations of the program, equivalent to at least $1,000/mentor.
Employee Volunteers are asked to:
- Complete a background check
- Complete training focused on creating a space for empathy, anti-bias, and connection, in addition to learning how to adopt a mentoring mindset.
- Meet with mentees on a weekly basis during the school year (September-May) via our online portal.
Join Us in Changing the Odds for Students, and In Changing Mindsets Within Your Organization
Green Dot Public Schools is a network of 25 Title I middle and high schools purposefully located in communities that have been historically underserved in Los Angeles and Memphis. Our mission is to help transform public education so all students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.