The mission of Green Dot Public Schools is to help transform public education so all students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
We are focused on graduating students and fully preparing them for college. In addition, Green Dot is dedicated to helping parents organize and expect more of their neighborhood schools.
We achieve better student outcomes and higher graduation rates serving students who need the most, lower per-pupil funding, and a unionized workforce across our Los Angeles schools.
The U.S. Department of Education has featured Green Dot as a national leader in school turnarounds.
Work Toward Something Bigger
"Green Dot reminds me why I grew up wanting to be a teacher. I feel like I'm working toward something bigger here, and I believe in what we're doing every day."
- William Heuisler, History Teacher
At Green Dot, our mission is to help transform public education so all students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life. We make this possible by hiring passionate teachers, administrators, and staff who believe in our students' potential.
Is Green Dot right for you?
- You believe all students deserve to realize their full potential.
- You want to change the outcomes of underperforming schools.
- You want to work hard, so you can see your students-and yourself-grow.
Put Your Child on a Path to College
Green Dot Public Schools is a network of public charter schools in Los Angeles, California; Memphis, Tennessee; and, Beaumont, Texas.
Our middle schools offer grades six to eight, and our high schools offer grades nine to 12. Our schools are free and open to all students, like other public schools.
- Our Approach. Green Dot’s academic model is designed to meet individual student needs, combining a rigorous curriculum with the academic counseling and support students need to succeed.
- Our Results. Now serving nearly 13,000 students, Green Dot has graduated more than 18,000 students with more than 90% of our graduating seniors being accepted to college. U.S. News and World Report has ranked our schools among the very best in the nation.
Each Green Dot school shares the common mission of preparing our students for college, leadership and life.
Help us open great public schools that deliver on the promise of closing historic achievement gaps.
While charter schools receive public funding to operate, philanthropy allows us to test and expand innovative programs to provide as many opportunities as possible. At scale, all of Green Dot’s programs are replicable on the public dollar, driving equity in our school system, and transforming public education.
Philanthropy has allowed Green Dot to:
- Offer top tier teaching with research into best practices funded by the Gates Foundation
- React quickly in response to emergencies like the pandemic and the need to adapt to distance learning, providing all students with laptops and wifi within two weeks of school closures in 2020
- Meet the varying needs of our students including testing innovative instructional practices in special education
These are just a few of the programs that your dollars fund for our students. Make a gift today and give ALL students an equal opportunity to succeed in college, leadership, and life!