At Green Dot, the health of our community is our top priority.
All schools in the Green Dot Public Schools network are closed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We have shifted to Online Learning.
The mission of Green Dot Public Schools is to help transform public education so all students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
We are focused on graduating students and fully preparing them for college. In addition, Green Dot is dedicated to helping parents organize and expect more of their neighborhood schools.
We achieve better student outcomes and higher graduation rates serving students who need the most, lower per-pupil funding, and a unionized workforce.
We are the leading independent non-profit public school operator in Los Angeles and one of the top three largest in the nation.
The U.S. Department of Education has featured Green Dot as a national leader in school turnarounds, and we are the only school network in the country to lead the turnaround of a large high school (3,000+ students).
Work Toward Something Bigger
"Green Dot reminds me why I grew up wanting to be a teacher. I feel like I'm working toward something bigger here, and I believe in what we're doing every day."
- William Heuisler, History Teacher
At Green Dot, our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life. We make this possible by hiring passionate teachers, administrators, and staff who believe in our students' potential.
Is Green Dot right for you?
- You believe all students deserve to realize their full potential.
- You want to change the outcomes of underperforming schools.
- You want to work hard, so you can see your students-and yourself-grow.
Put Your Child on a Path to College
Green Dot Public Schools is a network of public charter schools in Los Angeles, California; Memphis, Tennessee; and Washington State.
Our middle schools offer grades six to eight, and our high schools offer grades nine to 12. Our schools are free and open to all students, like other public schools.
- Our Approach. Green Dot’s academic model is designed to meet individual student needs, combining a rigorous curriculum with the academic counseling and support students need to succeed.
- Our Results. Now serving more than 12,000 students, Green Dot has graduated more than 6,500 students with more than 90% of our graduating seniors being accepted to college. Our API scores show sustained student growth and U.S. News and World Report has ranked our schools among the very best in the nation.
Each Green Dot school shares the common mission of preparing our students for college, leadership and life.
Help Transform Public Education
Help open great public schools that deliver on the promise of closing historic achievement gaps, and give all students an equal opportunity to succeed in college, leadership and life.