7 Green Dot schools to become Covid-19 vaccination centers in partnership with Saint John’s Child & Family Center
United Parents & Students made the partnership possible and is on track to vaccinate thousands of community members
May 10, 2021 (LOS ANGELES) --With the help of United Parents & Students, Green Dot partnered with Saint John's Child & Family Center, a well-known local health clinic, to adapt 7 Green Dot schools into Covid-19 vaccination centers that will be open to local communities. Each site will be able to schedule 300-400 appointments per day, and the clinic will automatically schedule the follow up dose. Community members can register in advance or walk-in to receive their vaccine, availability permitting. The vaccines will be free and open to the public, ages 16 and older, and the schedule is as follows:
- May 5th, Ánimo Ellen Ochoa Charter Middle School (4360 Dozier St. LA, CA 90022)
- May 7th, Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School (1655 E. 27th St. LA, CA 90011)
- May 12th, Ánimo Mae Jemison Charter Middle School (12700 S. Avalon Blvd. LA, CA 90061)
- May 19th, Ánimo Pat Brown Charter High School (8205 Beach St. LA, CA 90001, 2nd dose)
- May 22nd, Ánimo Westside Charter Middle School (5456 McConnell Ave. LA, CA 90066)
- May 22nd, Ánimo South Los Angeles Charter High (11130 S. Western Ave. LA, CA 90047)
- May 26th, Ánimo Compton Charter School (13305 San Pedro St. LA, CA 90061)
- May 29th, Ánimo Compton Charter School (13305 San Pedro St. LA, CA 90061)
All sites will be open from 8am-3:30pm, Identification and insurance is not required, and no appointments are required. These events are open to the general public.
“It is great to work together with our partners at St. John’s and throughout the city to ensure equitable access to Covid-19 vaccinations,” says Cecilia Vasquez, Community Engagement Manager with United Parents & Students. United Parents & Students, born out of Green Dot and active in all Green Dot regions, is a coalition of 2,000+ parents and students who advocate for change.
“We are so excited to be doing our part to improve access to the vaccine in our communities,” says Annabelle Eliashiv, Green Dot CA Chief of Staff. This is one of several partnerships that Green Dot has made to secure Covid-19 vaccinations for their community of teachers, parents, students (who are old enough to receive the vaccine), classified staff, and local community and business members.
Green Dot Public Schools California is a network of 19 Title I middle and high schools purposefully located in communities that have been historically underserved in South and East Los Angeles. Our mission is to help transform public education so all students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.